AB-341 State Requirement to Recycle
*Both fields are required.
Contact Mike Byrne at 949-724-6357 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a FREE consultation. He will help you identify opportunities to reduce, reuse, recycle, and save money.
Other Ways to Arrange Recycling Services
- Arrange for recycling services directly through your authorized waste hauler. Use the commercial waste collection page to assist you in finding one.
- Business may donate, sell and/or make other arrangements for pick up of the recyclable materials. This includes self-hauling the materials to recycling facilities.
Who Must Arrange for Recycling Services
- All businesses* that generate four (4) or more cubic yards of waste weekly
* The regulatory definition of “business” also includes public entities such as state agencies, schools, school districts, universities, community colleges, special districts, and federal, state, local, regional agencies or facilities.
- Multi-family housing complexes with five (5) or more units
Where to Go for More Information
California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle)
- More information about California’s business recycling requirements
- Resources for business, including economic incentives, existing programs, and other useful recycling information is also provided by CalRecycle
- Information and resources regarding business waste reduction
City of Irvine Environmental Programs – Business Recycling Page:
- Read 4 reasons why it makes good business sense to recycle
- Find other tips about implementing a successful program
Property managers should visit the Recycling for Property Managers Page to:
- Learn easy ways for providing basic recycling services that are neither complicated nor costly
- Find tips for how to encourage tenants to comply