Overwatering Is Out
The Orange County Stormwater Program, also known as H2OC, has developed a website at www.OverwateringIsOut.org to assist residents with the following information:
- Find more information related to irrigation system rebates
- Find landscape related events taking place throughout the County
- Sign up to receive monthly email tips on how to water smart; and
- Get tips from the blog with simple, easy to follow steps to a drier sidewalk and a healthier yard.
Irvine Ranch Water District (IRWD)
- Landscape Rebate Program: Take advantage of the following rebates for IRWD non-residential landscape irrigation account holders. Install the latest water-efficient technology, save water and reduce your water bills
- Residential Rebate Program – SoCal Water Smart: IRWD customers can cut their water usage and get money back when you install qualifying clothes washers, rotating sprinkler nozzles, weather-based irrigation controllers, rotating spray nozzles, rain barrels and soil moisture sensors.
- Commercial and Industrial Rebate Program – Ways to Save. To Help Your Bottom Line: IRWD offers many tools and programs for commercial and industrial users: Credits, Rebates & Incentives, Site Evaluation & Efficiency Recommendations and Irrigation Landscape Tools
- Turf Removal Rebate Program: Help California save water by removing your grass. Say goodbye to the hassle, maintenance, and expense of lawns. Residential, commercial, and public agency customers may be eligible for a rebate per square-foot of turf grass removed. Act fast! Funds are limited and applications will be processed in the order they are received.
- Irvine Ranch Water District (IRWD) offers the following rebate programs:
The Municipal Water District of Orange County
- The Municipal Water District of Orange County offers the following rebate programs:
- The Orange County Water Smart Home Program: Certify your house as a Water Smart Home! The program includes a free outdoor (and indoor, if desired) home water survey that will score your home’s water efficiency and identify water savings recommendations. Recommendations will include rebates and no-cost activities that can help you become more water efficient.
- California Sprinkler Adjustment Notification System: The system will send periodic sprinkler adjustment reminder emails with optimal percentages to homeowners and businesses that subscribe to this free public service. If you reside in California, own an irrigation controller that supports the “percent adjust” or similar feature, and wish to receive this free reminder please subscribe.
- Performance Based Irrigation Management Contract: The Performance Based Irrigation Management Contract (PBIMC) helps homeowners associations and property managers ensure their landscape is being water efficiently. The PBIMC uses irrigation scheduling performance measures to define minimum irrigation efficiency standards that must be met by the landscape contractor.
- H2Os for HOAs: A water forum designed to inform and educate homeowner associations, property managers, and landscape contractors, about water efficient practices, water-runoff regulations, cost-effective water management strategies, and available rebate programs.